This is just 1 testimonial about NomadicRoots Nutrition and this is why we carry so happy to carry this line in our fooice. Not only is it an amazing product but Chris the owner is also local.
#SupportLocal #SupportSmallBusiness #Nutrition
A frosty, fruity dessert to cool you down.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus freeze time
Yield: Serves 6
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- Puree watermelon and juice in a blender until well blended.
- Pour mixture into an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Place dish in freezer, uncovered. About every 30 minutes, rake mixture thoroughly with a fork, including edges.
- After about 3 to 4 hours, when granita is frozen but still grainy, it’s done. Serve immediately in small dessert bowls.
42 Calories, 1 g Protein, 10 g Carbohydrates, 0.2 g Total fat, 2.9 mg Sodium
Dessert made easy—these parfaits are perfect for breakfast, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 2 hours soak time
Yield: 4 parfaits
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in filtered water for 2 hours
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, agave nectar)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups berries (raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries)
- High-speed blender or food processor
- 4 parfait glasses
- Purée soaked cashews, coconut milk, sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide 1⁄4 of the coconut cream between each of four parfait glasses. Layer 1⁄4 of the fruit over each layer of coconut cream.
- Repeat process until all coconut cream and fruit has been used and each parfait glass has four layers—two of coconut cream and two of fruit.
One parfait: 291 Calories, 8 g Protein, 21 g Carbohydrates, 7 g Total sugars (2 g Added sugars), 5 g Fiber, 22 g Total fat (8 g sat), 9 mg Sodium, ★★★ Magnesium, Phosphorus, ★★ Iron, Zinc, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K